Purchase tickets for the Gong Meditation here
Wear comfortable clothing.
Bring: yoga mat, water, cozy items like pillow(s) and blanket(s) to your preference.
This is a non-heated, 90 minute event. A 30 minute preparation for the gong meditation will be in the style of kundalini yoga, which includes movement, dynamic breathing and chanting of mantras. Children 10 and above are also welcome.
The Gong is the Secret Instrument of the Yogi
The gong is a sacred and ancient instrument of healing, rejuvenation and transformation. The Gong produces a strong sound wave, almost tangible to the touch, which stimulates the physical body by influencing the surface of the skin and every cell. There is one caveat when it comes to the gong: Once you enter the gong’s healing sound orbit, you may never want to leave!
What are the advantages of the gong?
According to Akalsukh Singh, founder & executive director of AquarianYoga Center in Montclair, NJ, here are some of the major benefits:
- Relieves neck pain, headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, and improves joint flexibility and range of motion
- Creates deep relaxation and clears the mind
- Immediate reduction of stress and anxiety
- Stimulates the glandular system and improves function
- Stimulates circulation
- Organizes emotional energy
- Aids in breaking addictive behavior
- Regenerates neurons and their interconnections
- Regenerates the nervous system
- Clears the aura
- Opens and aligns the chakras
- Clears the sub conscious mind from negative thought patterns
- Strengthens the parasympathetic nervous system
- Helps repair damage to the nervous system caused by stimulants (i.e. coffee) and stress
- Encouraged integrated healing of body, mind, and spirit
Continuing our travels along our energetic highway of the chakras, we arrive next at the Third Chakra, the Solar Plexus or Manipura Chakra. Manipura translates as “city of jewels” or “lustrous gem.”
The Manipura Chakra is a radiant center of energy that distributes life throughout the human framework. Just as the earth would not survive without the sun, we rely on our third chakra to regulate and energize the activities of our systems.
Join to explore the secret fire of the navel center with Kundalini warm up exercises and dynamic pranayama breath work. Then, experiences deep relaxation and supported self generated healing by resting into the sound vibrations of the gong, crystal bowls and other instruments. Clear away stress, balance the mind and support deep body system and open space for inner stillness.
All ages and abilities are welcome. Please bring: pillow, blanket, eye pillow, water, herbal tea, and anything that you might need to make yourself feel cozy to receive the healing.
Isabel / Joti Sangeet