Purchase tickets for the Gong Meditation here
Wear: loose, comfortable clothing.
Bring: yoga mat & water. Cozy items like pillow and/or blanket to your preference.
This is a non-heated, 90 minute event. A 30 minute preparation for the gong meditation will be in the style of kundalini yoga, which includes movement, dynamic breathing and chanting of mantras.
The Gong is the Secret Instrument of the Yogi
The gong is a sacred and ancient instrument of healing, rejuvenation and transformation. The Gong produces a strong sound wave, almost tangible to the touch, which stimulates the physical body by influencing the surface of the skin and every cell. There is one caveat when it comes to the gong: Once you enter the gong’s healing sound orbit, you may never want to leave!
What are the advantages of gong yoga?
According to Akalsukh Singh, founder & executive director of AquarianYoga Center in Montclair, New Jersey, here are some of the major benefits:
- Relieves neck pain, headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, and improves joint flexibility and range of motion
- Creates deep relaxation and clears the mind
- Immediate reduction of stress and anxiety
- Stimulates the glandular system and improves function
- Stimulates circulation
- Organizes emotional energy
- Aids in breaking addictive behavior
- Regenerates neurons and their interconnections
- Regenerates the nervous system
- Clears the aura
- Opens and aligns the chakras
- Clears the sub conscious mind from negative thought patterns
- Strengthens the parasympathetic nervous system
- Helps repair damage to the nervous system caused by stimulants (i.e. coffee) and stress
- Encouraged integrated healing of body, mind, and spirit
“The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.” -Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga